IRENE E. ROFAIL 1049 24th street, Sarasota, Florida
Ringling College of Art & Design, Sarasota, Florida. National and Kapodestrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece.
B.F.A. Illustration, May 2015. Language /mythological studies in history. April 2011.
TEACHING AND ADMINISTRATION EXPERIENCE_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Art Teacher & Administrator: Florida Enrichment Academy, Bradenton, Florida, March 2016 - January 2017
- Designed & implemented lesson plans for a once a week class.
- Organized, developed & grew the art department.
- Worked with children ages 3-12.
- Worked independently with students & faculty.
- Computer lab management for Music department involving working with music theory for a variety of instruments and vocalists.
- Managed & monitored Website as well as social media \& brand development utilizing popular applications such as Facebook & Instagram.
- Successfully implemented search engine optimizing (SEO) techniques to increase a following.
- Utilizing a mass mailing software called MailChimp designed & embedded email advertising & newsletters regularly.
Teacher: Summer Camps St. Stephens Episcopal Academy, Bradenton, Florida, May - August 2016
- Taught four, one week classes which ran three hours daily. Two drawing camps & two watercolor camps.
- Designed & taught lesson plans for the duration of the camps. Each class consisted of no more than eleven students.
- Supervised creative break time activities including artistic group activities & games.
Hip hip dance instructor: St. Stephens Episcopal Academy, Bradenton, Florida, September 2016- February 2017
- In direct partnership with an existing dance instructor, taught set choreography and routines for a once a week after school dance class.
- Classes consisted of no more than 10 students. A total of 3 terms in the aftercare program which consisted of 3, 4 week sessions.
ILLUSTRATION & GRAPHIC DESIGN EXPERIENCE___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Designer & Founder, Kila Kitu Designs, Sarasota, Florida & Kila Kitu Enterprises, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania May 2015.
As part of 2015 senior thesis designed and implemented a fashion based brand. released a swimwear line.
- Utilizing simplistic African cultural elements to create representative modern surface designs.
Used Adobe Illustrator aranged vector images laser printer ready as part of wood jewelry series.
Utilizing Adobe suites designed a series of patterns in Adobe Illustrator.
Used Adobe InDesign created a series of three artist’s books as well as a full brand catalogue.
Designed & branded the company included visual promotions, Logo, & website development utilizing the Adobe suits.
Managed & monitored Website as well as social media & branding utilizing popular applications such as Facebook & Instagram.
Implemented search engine optimizing (SEO) techniques to increase the following.
Design Intern, UNICEF CHILDREN'S AGENDA, Art in Tanzania, Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania, summer 2014.
Utilizing Adobe suites including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign, designed & implemented several tasks, alone and as part of a team environment under strict deadlines:
Formatted a monthly newsletter as part of a design team for members using Adobe InDesign.
Designed 2 versions of a logo for the Art in Tanzania Website.
Updated & re-designed social media presence including Instagram and Facebook.
Designed prototype labeling for two products locally produced, marketed, & sold honey and herb supplements.
Logo Designer, Zuri Safari & Tours, Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania, December 2015, Lengai Safaris, Monaco, France, September -December 2016, Kontinos Enterprises, Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania, October- December 2016 Jascewska Performing Arts Dancin' Starz, Bradenton, Florida, November - December2016, Tembo Enterprises, Sarasota, Florida January 2017-Present. Two O' Six Mediteranean Kitchen, Dar-Es-Salaam Tanzania, March 2017 - present.
Utilizing Adobe Illustrator, designed and implemented several logo designs for review and adjustments as a part of a range of new companies. Logo design for print and web as well as some marketing materials such as buissness cards, flyers, banners and vouchers.
Fluent in English and Greek, some knowledge of German, Swahili & Spanish. Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, & Microsoft Office suites. Dexterous with hand and power tools, knowledge of traditional mediums such as oil, acrylic, & watercolor paint. Independently traveled through most of Africa & Europe. US / EU passport holder. Laser cutter file preparation knowledge. Framing & Restoration of damaged paintings experience. Matte Cutting Experience.
PORTFOLIOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
RESUME AVAILABLE ALSO AVAILABLE IN GREEK, KI-SWAHILI & GERMAN.